Friday 29 October 2010

Wellephant

Next week we will be introducing the children to Wellephant, who will explain to the children all about staying safe on Bonfire night. Thanks to Mrs Foster for bringing Wellephant into my life as I had a little squirrel called Tufty as a child (now I am showing my age).


Welephant is here with his own fire safety education web site for you to enjoy. Find out more about fire safety and other related topics or just have fun - play Welephant's special 'stay safe' games and discover more about fire safety inyour home. You can visit the wellephant website http://www.welephant.co.uk/
which contains Welephant's Special Bonfire Night Story, that we shall be sharing with the children next week; which is all about how Welephant and Spikey enjoyed a safe bonfire night with a special feature story "Safe Firework Fun". It also provides the Firework Code for you to print out and much more it is well worth exploring. I think the children will enjoy meeting Wellephant.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tufty is alive and well and living on in the hearts of all who knew him...(I still have my Tufty Club badge!)

I am so proud I am choosing to remain anonymous...!

Mrs F said...

well i have never heard of Tufty?? I wonder if he was a Yorkshire thing? I know that Wellephant was a Manchester thing and he used to come into schools and talk about firework and bonfire safety - did Tufty make personal appearances??

catherine said...

i remember my tufty hanky, I too was a proud member of the tufty club!!!!!

Anonymous said...

No must be a Yorkshire thing .... Never heard of him ! How can a squirrel be a fire prevention and safety mascot ??? (did he used to run away ?)

Anonymous said...

Ok, for the uninitiated, here's everything you need to know about Tufty:

http://bit.ly/TUFTY

Miss Skidmore said...

Tufty was ace and I am glad I am not the only one who loved him!! I am sure wellephant will have a lasting impact on our little ones...

liz gregory said...

I remember tufty doing road safety not a yorkshire thing as I am from Kent.

Miss Skidmore said...

No definately not from Yorkshire as I am from Hertfordshire?? Good old Tufty!!